Friday, October 10, 2008

radiating congeniality

From Alexander Cockburn, an interesting (if extremely poorly sourced) take on alleged recent developments in McCain's health status.  Very troubling if it's the case that McCain's received treatment for cancer recurrence as recent as a few weeks ago.  For my thoughts on this, I refer you to my earlier post "a cancer on the presidency."  

If you want an example of someone making quick work of any potential nagging cognitive dissonance, you could do worse than check out Cockburn's second item, where he incredibly suggests that since the bailout vote Democrats' chances of gaining any seats in the House have pretty much evaporated.  He makes vague reference to an unnamed poll, assumedly one that is being maintained by the Republicans in a secret, undisclosed location.  Look out world!

Finally, as a lapsed subscriber to CP, I recall being frustrated that my issues always came long after they were published and the resulting untimeliness convinced me that it wasn't worth the $35, particularly when I could read Cockburn's stuff online either on his own site or elsewhere.  In a bid to be more relevant this election season with this McCain health coverage, I wonder if Cockburn and St. Claire might consider finally ditching the carrier pigeon method of distribution and perhaps consider posting their material directly online and, if necessary, charging a fee--preferably per article?  

1 comment:

Paul said...

I wouldn't be surprised if your message gets through. Despite CP.org's popularity, not many blogs cites it.

Let me know if they take your advice...