Thursday, September 18, 2008

Disagree!

I like Matt. He makes a lot of sense. And I do believe Statler is a fogey and dangerously out of touch and blah blah, but if you listen to this exchange it seems to me that McCain simply didn't hear or understand that the reporter was switching gears from Latin America (a fact which is not clear from the portion of audio Yglesias uses) to Spain and Zapatero. Look, the reporter has a thick accent and from the grainy sound of Statler's voice, it appears that he's partaking in the interview via phone, which makes it doubly hard to comprehend what a fast talker is saying (and this reporter, regardless of her skill, intelligence, incisiveness (all of which I know nothing about) is decidedly a fast talker).

McCain (aka, Gustafson's da): Sometimes I wonder if God forgot about me.

Update: On the other hand, I suppose the Right and the MSM would be going apeshit if Obama had given the same clueless answer Statler did, so maybe the ridicule and grilling is deserved. [Grendel: Yeah you fucking apologist, maybe.]

No comments: