Thursday, September 25, 2008

smokescreen

This is a compelling theory:

The more I look at what happened today, the more I think it was all an elaborate attempt to stem the fallout from the truly disastrous interview Sarah Palin taped this morning with Katie Couric.


At first I was incredulous, but now having looked at the relevant footage, via Greenwald's excellent post on the topic (almost all of whose sentiments contained in the post about Palin, Washington experience in general, and Obama I agree with), it seems pretty plausible.

4 comments:

Paul said...

I'll try to find ya sum and I'll bringem to ya!!!

j said...

you were right, by the way. I love how she gave herself an out by saying she'd "try" to find some instances. boy that inspires some confidence.

Paul said...

Sarah "Charlotte's Web" Palin:

"I think our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan will lead to further security of our nation, again, because the mission is to take the fight over there. do not let them come over here and attempt again what they accomplished here, and that was some destruction."

Some (lipstick on a) Pig!

j said...

oh man, that's great. there's an upside and a downside to your observation though. first the good news: after this latest display of her perspicuity, like Charlotte herself, Palin will likely die a lonely death. the downside, however, is that, before doing so, she'll hatch 514 little Sarah Palins who will one day inherit the earth and rid it of witches.