Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wrong!

Earlier I wrote about the strangeness of Bush's lack of foreign travel/living experience in light of his, no doubt, many opportunities. In remarking on Statler's lack of int'l expertise, Atrios notes McCain "is as incurious and ignorant as George Bush, with less excuse." I suppose he's getting at the fact that McCain has lived abroad (albeit for a good five years involuntarily) while serving in the Air Force in a foreign war, on top of his myriad leadership roles in the Air Force after Vietnam, which gives him less excuse to be ill-informed or incurious. I suppose. But really I don't know how anyone can have less excuse than Bush in the areas of interest and curiosity in and exposure to other countries. I think it's a tie. Thus, Atrios is WRONG! [Eleanor Gee I think you're Swellinor: I think that's a little over the top.] [ed.: perhaps, but how else would I have reason to direct attention to this gem?] [E: I feel used.]

No comments: